Monday, July 11, 2011

What a weekend!!

I'm tired. Not even kidding. I guess coming off a super active weekend
will do that to you! On Saturday we took Madison & Maverick to the zoo.
This was Maverick's first time, and Greg hasn't been to the zoo in years
and years, so it was a first for both of them! I actually never thought
I would get Greg to go to the zoo, so he really surprised me!
Let me start the zoo story with..it was hot. Sunny and hot. So after we
loaded the kids with sunblock, we started our trek at the zoo. The first
stop was the seals which Mav really liked. I'm sure it was because they
were in water! I have to say the seals were pretty cute!
We bounced from animal to animal, getting Maverick in and out of the
stroller so he could see the animals. He did wonderful. Maddye wanted to
ride the camel, so Maddye, Maverick and I did just that. Riding a camel
was not fun. Now it could be that I'm old and fatter than I'd like to
be, but holy heck it was hard to ride. I was hanging on to Maverick,
while hanging on to the camel with my thighs. Which are out of shape.
Which were hurting when I got off the camel. The kiddies had fun, and we
got a picture of our ride..so that's all that matters. I will tell you,
I doubt Sally the Camel and I will ever tango again. Just sayin..
The kids also loved the monkeys (who doesn't?!) and the fish. Maverick
tried to feed the fish a fry. It was beyond cute! Maverick met a donkey
that seemed to really like him. So Maverick was touching him through the
fence, and the donkey was letting him. Then...Maverick stuck his finger
up the donkey's nose. If donkeys could have a WTF face, this donkey had it.
All in all the zoo was a great day. We had lunch, walked around all day,
and had a really good time. Maverick fell asleep on our way to the car,
but he was a trooper. We're so lucky!
On Sunday I took Maddye to Cedar Point, with my niece Adrianna, and her
Mom, Nielah. (For those of you who don't live near Ohio, Cedar Point is
a huge amusement park near us) It was HOT. Maddye loves Cedar Point.
She is such a thrill seeker! We went from ride to ride, with two
giggling girls. Adrianna loved the Calypso- so much we went on it 6
times. That's a lot of spinning. The girls went in a sprinkler fountain,
and Nielah and I were secretly hoping to get splashed!! Did I mention it
was hot?! How hot, you ask? Well my deodorant melted in my car. Degree
soup is awesome. I'm not sure what swamp ass really is, but I just might
have had it. I was a sweaty hot mess. The entire drive home I was
fantasizing about a shower. Hot right?!
We didn't get home till after 11pm, and I'm tired as heck today, but it
was so worth it. Maddye and I had a great day.
Maverick stayed home with Daddy. They went and visited Grandma & Grandpa
Stone for a bit and from what I hear Maverick didn't miss me. (I'm sure
he did!!!!)
I'm kinda hoping next weekend is empty without a single thing to do!
Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the giggle.... But I need a visual of you on that camel lady!! If it makes you feel any better, 16 years ago.... almost exactly at this point, we (my ex and I) did a Shriner's circus thing with our oldest and then 4 week old daughter. E (4 at the time) wanted sooo badly to ride the elephant and NO ONE would ride with him. Neither my ex nor his parents were willing to climb up on that beast. So what did I, SuperMom, do??? If you guessed that I climbed my 4 week postpartum @ss onto that elephant you would have guessed correctly! Talk about pain!!! But, we've got the pic and he had a great time... completely oblivious to my grimacing, contorting face. It was sooo worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait until you post of pic of the infamous camel ride!!!

    ReplyDelete