Friday, July 29, 2011

Mixed Nuts....




Peanuts, cashews and walnuts have nothing on the House of Stone. Lately I've found myself shaking my head more than usual. Why? Oh..I don't know. Maybe it's the two crazy kids and the wacko husband I live with. When I say crazy and wacko- it's in the most loving possible way.
Lets start with Maddye. I firmly believe that under her brown hair...is blond. Today she put on her dress backwards. Wore it like that all the way to Gramma's. When we went inside I said...Maddye your dress is on backwards and Maddye said "are you sure?!" Ummmmm yes. Your soon to be woohaaaas are peeking.
Yesterday her line of the day was "I was like a dog in headlights"..ohhh so close. Deer Maddye, deer.
The other night it was time for Maddye's shower, and she said "ok, but I'm just going to wash my body and wash my hair"...just wondering- what else do you normally do in the shower? Is that why I always find an abundance of soap on the shower walls? Do you soap up the walls? Do you have your own version of So You Think You Can Dance in there? Is that why the bathroom floor is always wet? I asked her if she was ready to go back to school and her answer was "well no, well yeah I guess so, well.....no." So I guess that answer would be no? I can tell you 100% I'm not ready for back to school. Packing lunches, homework, real bedtimes...ugh.Maddye also has a way to make Maverick either squeal with delight, or squeal with annoyance. I guess it's the brother/sister dynamic. Even though I can't recall ever annoying my brothers. M&M are great together. They were destined to be siblings. Maddye is a total sweetheart, a great big sister, and a total air head at times..gotta love her.
Now on to our boy, Maverick. Holy toddler. If no one has ever told you this before, listen to me. Boys are way different than girls. Maverick is a tornado. His current obsession is throwing. Everything. It was so cute when he was tossing a foam ball back and forth with Daddy in the house. It was so cute how excited he would get. Not so cute now. The boy has an arm. The boy can wing anything across the room. Just like the beaded necklace that Maverick whipped and hit Daddy in the head with. Now that was funny. Try saying "No, no Maverick, no throwing" when you are trying your hardest not to laugh. Because, that was funny. Now it wouldn't have been funny if it was my head...but this time it wasn't. I'm thinking he's watching too much baseball on TV. He takes a step when he throws..with the proper foot. Maybe we have a Major League Pitcher.
Maverick is very vocal. He says everything. I am amazed at how well he is speaking. When I say everything...I mean everything. The other day I said "oh crap" and what came out of Maverick's mouth? Clear I might add? "Crap" So I quickly said "car" to distract him. What did he say? "Crap" and then he giggled. He has my number!!!! I have to admit he has the cutest little voice. I'll have him say random words all the time, and my current fave is- wiggle. OMG it's cute.
When Maverick isn't talking in his super cute voice, he's yelling in his incredible hulk voice. He starts the yelling and you automatically think he's going to start ripping off his shirt. It gets old. Quick. Advil is a necessity in our house.
Maverick is a fish. There is no other explanation for it. If there is a teeny, tiny bit of water Maverick will find it. He will get drenched in a 1/4 cup of water. I have no idea how he does it. He loves the bath, the toilet..yes I said the toilet. The race is on to beat him when you see him heading toward the open bathroom door. He will even say "yucky" while he sticks his hand in the toilet. Sigh. I'm pretty sure if he could live in water he would. He sure tries.
Speaking of water, we went to my brother's house for a picnic last weekend. Greg let him go down the slide, and go under water. Mama was freaking. Maverick loved it. I have video that I will load of Maverick's adventures in the pool, while Mama silently had a heart attack. I should also add...Greg doesn't swim. Mind you the pool was only 3 feet deep in the shallow end, but still!!!
Oh, and no one ever told me about the morning surprise. That happens every day. I thought by now this occurrence would stop, but no such luck. Maverick grins. He knows I feel like I should be on an episode of SVU. He totally thinks its funny. Does this ever stop?!
Oh, and he puts food on his head. Why? I have no stinking clue. He thinks it is totally hilarious. I do not.
Oh, and he plays with toys like an angry falcon. He will carry it so far, and drop it from an undetermined altitude. I find toys everywhere. He's crazy!
Oh, and he is a total white boy dancer. It's so funny. He claps his hands to the wrong beat, and takes crazy big steps while he dances.
Oh, and he's the sweetest little boy I've ever met.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment