Monday, September 17, 2012

Castaway Bay.....

Greg had a PGA type week of golf planned, so on Friday we decided to stay in Sandusky and take the kids to an indoor water park. The kids and I arrived first, checked in and headed to dinner. On the way to dinner...we saw Snoopy. Maverick high fived him, and was in awe. Greg arrived and we had dinner. Then it was water time. Now if you know me, you know I HATE bathing suits. I mean..why can't the 40's style suits come back? I mean..I could rock those. Big time. I got on my suit..got the kids ready and we headed down. Maverick was a little timid at first, but he warmed up quickly and became the fish we know and love. Madison was a fish as soon as we walked through the door! Madison and I went on a raft ride, that I have to admit was pretty fun. We swam, bounced around from the pool area, to the wave pool, and to the spa. Maddye asked if we could go on the tube sides. I, being the super cool mom I am...said yes. I'm claustrophobic. The tubes were kinda small and dark. I wasn't sure I could breathe. It was the longest 10 seconds of my life..then it happened. I saw light...and uncrossed my legs. Stupid mistake. My bathing suit was forced so far up where the sun don't shine..that I literally had to stop moving to yank it out. At that moment...I realized that the poor young lifeguard saw the V. I'm pretty sure I've scarred him for life. I did the eye closed, head shake as I was doing the walk of shame out of the pool. The young lifeguard then informed me..."it's ok..it happens all the time" OMG. He did see the V. Poor kid..he will never be the same. I told Maddye I would wait at the bottom for her and watch her come down. I'm a raft tube slide kind of gal..no more V shots for this girl.  I had to inform Greg of the unfortunate V incident...just in case it ended up on youtube. Because that would be my luck. Greg thought it was hilarious and was sorry he missed it. Jerk! We decided to try to get Maverick over his fear of the giant bucket that dumps water, so Maddye and I were squatting down by him watching the bucket. Just as it was dumping Greg grabs me, and trys his hardest to push me under. Well this girl works out. I fought him..ya know because I wasn't already soaking wet or anything..well...I ended up with a pulled groin muscle. Really WTF. First a V shot...now a sore V!?!?! Seriously.
The kids had fun..and thankfully my V has recovered. I'm just hoping the security cameras are not zoomed in on the turquoise tube slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment