Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Bus throwing

Have you ever been thrown under the bus? I have. In fact, just yesterday I was a victim again. Let me set this stage for you. Greg and I, like many married couples, talk. We have conversations about ...well just about everything. Normally we both have comments, and we both go back and forth with our opinions, which usually leads into yet another topic. Sometimes we agree, and sometimes we don't. A few weeks ago we were having one of our conversations and the topic of grass came up. Greg, as you may already know is crazy about his grass. (So crazy attentive that sometimes I'm jealous of the freaking grass. I've considered painting myself green to grab his attention, but..well...that's alot of green paint.) He loves his grass. He treats his grass like it's the queen. (I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure he whispers sweet nothings to the grass when I'm not around) Anyway...we started talking about how we- and when I say "we" I do in fact mean Greg and I, wish that our neighbor would cut his far back yard. I said it because I like to see the baby deer, and the grass is too long to see them. Greg said it because he doesn't like the "hood" grass hanging out with his "honor student" grass. Conversation over.
Or is it? So yesterday I come home and our neighbor is on some crazy machine that is cutting and tilling his far back yard. I think nothing of it, go inside and start dinner. A little later Greg comes home, and I said.."holy crap did you see (insert neighbor name here) on that machine? Greg then says "yeah, I've been talking to him for a while now. He said you can be happy now that he cut his grass"......What?! Excuse me? You told the neighbor I was complaining about his grass? Oh it's on now. When I see this neighbor I'm going to inform him that I wanted to just see the baby deer- and that bus thrower over here thinks your tall ass grass is a bad influence on his good grass.
So it looks like I'm going to have to throw Greg under the bus big time...just to get even.




No comments:

Post a Comment